People think New Year’s Eve is about piling on highlighters and bronzers to look glamorous. They can help you glam up, but your skin can end up looking caked if its not actually healthy. If you really want to look good on New Year’s Eve, your skin needs to have a natural glow.
You may have a lot of worries to deal with this New Year’s Eve - What to wear? How To Do Your Hair? What Shoes will match with your outfit? But you can tick off one worry from your list for sure – How to get naturally glowing skin?
Here are 8 easy tips that can sort that out for you in no time.
1. Get Active - A sedentary lifestyle can often lead to not just weight gain, but bad skin and bad hair. Exercise, hit the gym, do Yoga, dance or simply walk if you are too lazy for anything else. Take your pick and get a little more active. This will get your heart pumping, improve the blood flow to your skin cells and open up pores as you sweat more. All of this translates to better and glowing skin.
2. Get More Rest – Though this sounds contradictory, but the right amount of rest and sleep is just as important for healthy glowing skin, as physical activity. Being constantly tired and sleep deprived wears out one’s skin. So before New Year’s Eve, try and get more sleep every night. This will reduce those dark circles, as well as give your skin an overall healthier glow.
3. Keep it Hydrated – A common mistake that people often make is to take care of their skin only from the outside. Lathering tons of products will not make enough difference if your skin is crumbling on the inside. Hydrating your skin is one simple way to keep it healthy. For this drink plenty of water, juices and Green tea. Also, cut down on alcohol, as it dehydrates you. The higher the percentage of alcohol in your drink, the faster you get dehydrated.
4. Nourish it from Within – Just like you need to hydrate your skin from the inside, you also need to nourish it from within by eating the right foods. Include plenty of Antioxidant, Vitamin and other nutrient rich food in your diet like – Spinach, Broccoli, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Nuts, Legumes, Carrots, Dark Chocolate etc. Cut down on junk food for a few days, this will also help clear up your skin.5. Start Exfoliating – If you don’t certainly start immediately, but even if you do exfoliate, increase the frequency of exfoliating your skin before New Year’s Eve. And by exfoliation we don’t mean just using a Cleanser. Use some face masks. Be it a Homemade Honey and Cinnamon mask, or a revitalizing deep cleansing mask like this Pink Clay Mask by Dot & Key, exfoliate your skin two or three times a week. But don’t go overboard and exfoliate your skin everyday, as that will make it rough.
6. Nourish it from Outside – Apart from nourishing your skin from within, you also need to take some external measures. Moisturize your skin everyday and protect it from the sun with a good sunscreen. Don’t scrimp on the SPF, it makes a huge difference. But if you are looking for some instant results because you have been neglecting your skin lately or if your skin is aging, try a serum. A good Vitamin C packed serum goes deep into your skin and revives its glow and suppleness in a much shorter time. This serum by Dot & Key fits the bill perfectly.
7. Take Care of Your Hands and Feet – People not only look at your face at a party, they also tend to notice your hands and feet. So take care of them with as much enthusiasm as you take care of your face. Use a Pumice Stone, indulge in manicures and pedicures, apply a soothing hand and feet cream, to put your best foot (and hand) forward on New Year’s Eve.8. Remove Your Make-Up Properly – Going to sleep with make-up on is a rookie mistake. If you want your skin to be fresh and glowing, it’s important to let it breathe every night, as much as it important to look after it every morning. For this invest in a good make-up remover which can also double up as a night cream. This Melt Away Make-Up Remover Balm is a great option that you can mix with water or apply directly on your skin to remove stubborn make-up, while nourishing it with oils like Argan, Coconut, Almond and Macadamia.
Now that you know how to get perfect glowing skin on New Year’s Eve, make sure to add some color to your hands and feet (Hello happy nail paints), pick out a dress that not only makes you look good but in which you can actually breathe, and spend it with people that make you happy, to have a truly fabulous New Year’s Eve.