Free yourself from sweaty armpits, Soothe your itchy underarms and Get rid of the dark patches on the skin.
Although there are hundreds of problems the human body goes through, the underarm problem is an ever-familiar and prevailing one. Armpits are prone to the existing problem due to its location and unhealthy habits. Have you ever felt the disgust right after an erratic foul smell around your underarms? Ever felt embarrassed to raise your hands in public to avoid the wet patch on your top or due to itchy underarms?
Your body undergoes a lot of changes hormonally which then affects physically as well. Some changes might be in your favour and some like excessive sweating can just be the reverse of it. This article will tell you the most common underarm problems and their solutions that will help you for a lifetime.
Here are the 5 most common underarm problems and their solutions that you must be aware of to prevent your precious self.
Sweating is an innate biological feature that cannot be avoided completely. Like every gland, the sweat glands significantly function in their own way. Despite that, sweaty armpits can be embarrassing and annoying.
While sweating is necessary for your body, sweaty armpits are not always nicer to carry around. You would not want to end up in an office presentation with sweat stains on your shirt and awkwardly present your topic, would you?
All you need to do to prevent sweaty armpits or Hyperhidrosis
- Wait after you take a shower and before you dress. This will allow your body to become cool and prevent you from sweating right after the shower.
- Consume sweat-reducing foods with high calcium content like dairy products, almonds, bananas, vegetables with more water content, oats, olive oil and sweet potatoes and much more.
- Water is the ultimate solution for every skin problem, induce in the habit of drinking as much as water you can and stay hydrated.
- Wear breathable clothes because tight clothes snug beneath your arms and that causes underarm stains.
Dark patches on skin
Dark underarms are normally genetical, darkens due to shaving, or can be a symptom of Acanthosis nigricans. Although the colour of your underarms like the rest of the body should be the same but most often due to the reasons and other external ones differ and this can be a cause of your worry and can stop you from wearing most of your favourite dresses. Know about the reasons & cure for dark underarms.
- Change in lifestyle and some home remedies work the best for darkening of underarms.
- Natural things like raw milk cleansing, using orange peel, applying papaya or potatoes, application of coconut oil or turmeric and such remedies are known to prevent dark patches on skin and lighten dark underarms naturally.
- Use the Dot & Key underarm serum and mask which is produced for underarm whitening.
- Consult a dermatologist if conditions worsen or if you find the skin thickening.
Armpit rash is a common problem and occurs due to various reasons like shaving, poor hygiene or some allergic reaction. Sometimes swelling, warmth, skin changes and others also lead to itchy underarms. It is a very common problem and is feasibly treatable except for some other extreme skin conditions such as Dermatitis which might urge you to consult a specialist.
Usually, such itchy armpits are perfectly treatable with just proper hygiene and cleansing.
- Cool the itch by applying ice or wet cloth as that will stop the inflammation which is one of the causes for itchy underarms.
- Moisturizing the skin by applying lotions or cream can be a big relief.
- Tea tree oil and Jojoba oil essence help to prevent itchiness and the dot & key underarm whitening mask will not only detoxes and soothes your underarm but also lighten dark skin.
- Avoiding irritants like strong deodorants, wool and synthetic fibres, changes in temperature and humidity, hot water and other such things.
- Free yourself from stress which is the major cause of all problems in the body.
Ingrown armpit hair
Ingrown hair commonly appears in the shaving area like armpits, pubic area, neck, leg and face. It mostly looks like a red bump or boil-like sore which can cause irritation and pain in your underarms and can also be the reason for itchy underarms.
- Use a high-quality razor and shaving gel or foam while shaving.
- Laser hair removal is also recommended for such problems.
- Exfoliate and moisturize your skin well enough to avoid the accumulation of dead cells and their repercussions.
- Soothe your armpits to reduce inflammation and you can even use aloe vera gel.
- Good hygiene will cure half of your problems and it is highly important for your skincare.
Smelly armpits are caused by the functions of the sweat glands which involves sometimes breaking down of the bacterias and other factors that lead to the odour that is unpleasant. This is one of the most common underarm problems despite being a natural process of the glands.
- Use a proper deodorant or antiperspirant that help to reduce the sweat amount produce otherwise.
- A regular shower is a must and also wearing loose-fitting clothes that will allow your underarms to breathe.
- Shaving or waxing your underarms and maintaining good hygiene can help you get rid of smelly armpits.