10 Easy Steps To Get Korean Glass Skin
Korean beauty products have been all the rage on social media for years now. From skin care to hair care and every other beauty product – they seem to come up with the most useful to the most bizarre!
Today, we will talk about “Glass Skin”. True to its name, this beauty regimen doesn’t just give you baby-smooth skin, but skin that’s almost as shiny like a newly made glass vase – super-smooth, ultra-clear, absolutely devoid of visible pores, and extremely glossy!
Wondering how to get Glass Skin?
Korean Glass Skin Regimen – What’s the deal anyway?
It’s not just women who are drawn to glass skin. Even men, with an interest in beauty products, have taken to this new fad! Heck, it’s become so popular that Koreans aren’t the only people who are drawn to it. Everyone’s trying it out!
It originated in South Korea around 2013 and emerged to its current prominence due to viral Instagram posts.
Glass skin is nothing more than skin that has been cleansed and moisturized to the extent of offering a near-flawless – smooth, transparent, and gleaming complexion!
So, let’s find out “how to get Glass Skin” for your next night out!
How to Achieve Glass Skin in 10 Easy Steps
The Korean Glass Skin is not as complicated as it seems. You can actually achieve it at home, without any professional help or the need to use any photo filters or heavy makeup!
It is the absence of gaudy make-up and the presence of doubly cleansed and doubly moisturized skin. Seems redundant? It’s not!
A step-by-step procedure
- Double cleanse: Cleansing and moisturizing are two of the most important aspects of a good skincare routine. It not only keeps you looking fresh today but helps you retain your skin’s health for a longer period, slowing down its aging process. It helps you fight dermatological issues too! However, hydrating the skin while you cleanse is very important. Asians have introduced us to double cleaning. Use a cleansing oil/micellar water, then follow it up with a gentle foam wash/cream cleanser.
- Exfoliate: This step is to remove all deep-pore toxins, like blackheads and dead skin cells. Use a natural exfoliator (crushed walnut or gentle jojoba beads) or a chemical variant (glycolic or lactic acid).
- Use a Hydrating Toner: Generally, people tend to skip this step. That’s just wrong! Its purpose is to retain the natural oils and moisture by closing the pores while protecting the skin from dust and pollution. Besides Korean brands have redefined the way toners work.
Keeping the skin well-hydrated is an essential part of this Korean glass skin routine. One of the key secrets of this routine is to get the 7 layers of hydrating toner on your skin. Stick to a gentle, non-alcoholic toner, with moisture-enhancing ingredients, like green tea, ginseng, and floral water. This would keep your skin supple and soft while restoring its pH balance.
If you suffer from acne, pay careful attention to the first three steps. Proper cleansing, exfoliating and toning your facial skin are extremely important. So is moisturizing, by the way.
- Add an Essence: You may skip this step if you follow up your 7-layer toning routine with a high concentration serum. An essence is nothing more than a less concentrated, watery serum that adds to the hydration process. It’s useful for people with pigmentation issues and sunburns.
- Treat with a Hydrating Serum or Ampoule: In Korea, women use ampoules instead of regular serum. The idea is to add a multi-vitamin layer to keep the skin hydrated and clear.
- Nourish the skin
- Reverse signs of aging
- Promote collagen to help provide firmness
- Minimize pores and even out skin tone
If you want to use it daily, switch to a hydrating serum with moisture-boosting ingredients like hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and Vitamin E.
- Moisturize…& moisturize some more: You can never emphasize this point enough. Choose a moisturizer that suits your skin type, but never forego this step, despite all the previous skin hydrating steps. For a glassy effect, you need to make sure to use a lightweight moisturizer.
If you have oily or sensitive skin, you should follow some simple guidelines to keep your skin well moisturized.
- Use a sunscreen: All this hydrating and the foundation (to come later) will all be a waste if you go out under the sun without a good sunscreen. For a glassy, clear look opt for a transparent sunscreen spray. Glass skin or not, always use a sunscreen while stepping out under the sun.
- Apply your Foundation: Go for a light, gel-based, medium-coverage foundation to match your skin type and tone.
- Add a layer of Highlighting Lotion: This is basically the final step of the glass skin routine before you put on your makeup. “Highlight” the defining features of your face with a touch of subtle glow and lustrous finish.
- A Touch of Mist: This is an optional, booster step. Use a water-based mist spray for the final touch of glossy look!
Leave a comment