Beautiful skin requires commitment, not a miracle. While purchasing skincare and cosmetics from a local vendor is far more easier there are many reasons to go online for your skin food too. In the struggle to do the best for our skin, we tend to forget that there are more ways in which proper skincare can be accessed -
- Plethora of choices- One size does not fit all. Though there are many options available with your local shop the skincare products you purchase may not suit your skin. However just google and there are so many brands available to serve you what's best for your skin. You can find skincare products for all kinds of skin types - dry, oily, sensitive, combination or normal.
- Constant Availability- Cleanser For Oily Skin? Dry Skin Cream? Or the other skincare issues for which the products may not be available at all times with your local vendor. But to get better results you need to stick with one product for quite sometime. How do you do that? Just go online, right from Amazon, Flipkart.com, Nykaa.com, etc. There are many sites ready to provide you doorstep delivery for the skincare products of your choice. There are also platforms that allow with the option to notify you if the product goes out of stock and you want to purchase it when it's available in stock again.
- Better prices- Accept it or not, price forms a pivotal role when you decide to buy skincare products online. Every penny saved in one skincare product can be used in the purchase of another skincare product. The price is also lesser than your local store and your neighbours will not create a hassle in your purchase experience. You can easily compare the same product's price on different sites without dropping a sweat unlike hopping between physical shops.
- Reality behind ingredients- While a local vendor may swear but it's only through online resources that you can actually ascertain whether the skincare products are free from harmful chemicals like parabens, sulfates and phthalates. The products do not need to be 100% organic to provide the best results and while many brands commit the same, there is not much truth in their commitment. A blend of nature along with the goodness of science can work wonders for your skin.
- Clarity about our needs- Dry hands due to alcohol based sanitizers, swim care spray for discolouration of hair due to chlorine in the swimming pool and smelly feet due to no proper skincare product may frustrate anyone. It is important to keep our skin nourished and moisturised. Also realise that there are products that cater to all kinds of skincare related issues.
- Why miss out on New innovative brands- The market is flooded with skincare products to cater to all kind of needs. However the online market has a lot more to offer. With the advancement in technology and increase in skincare conscious shoppers, a swarm of new brands have come into existence. Be it organic, chemical-free or natural you will find all these products online. But will it be available at your local store. You bet?
- Niche products- A moisturiser that works as a sanitizer too, a sunscreen that does not leave a tint on your skin, face serums that hydrates your skin while you enjoy your beauty sleep. Ask your local shopkeeper and get some serious stare. Instead look for it online and get skincare products specially designed for you.
And while there are other reasons as well, is it that simple to buy skincare products online. Not really!
A smart shopper is one who does her homework well, remembering the 3 R's :
- Research - and try to get more and more details about the product of interest.
- Reviews - what verified customers, beauty bloggers and other people have posted about the product/brand
- Rely - only after you do a patch test and the product suits your skin.So what are you indulging in today?